MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a valued member of MedStar Health, is dedicated to delivering exceptional PATIENT FIRST health care. We provide the region with the highest quality and latest medical advances through excellence in patient care, education and research.
To be the trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health.
To treat each patient as we would a member of our own family by providing the best medical treatment with caring and compassion, responsive service, and intelligent use of resources. Through this achievement, we will be recognized as a national model for excellence in patient-centered care.
- Service - We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients, physicians and co-workers.
- Patient First - We strive to deliver the very best to every patient every day. The patient is the first priority in everything we do.
- Integrity - We communicate openly and honestly, build trust and conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards.
- Respect - We greet each individual, those we serve and those with whom we work, with the highest professionalism and dignity.
- Innovation - We embrace change and work to improve all we do in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Teamwork - System effectiveness is built on the collective strength and cultural diversity of everyone, working with open communication and mutual respect
As one of the top hospitals in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report , careers at MedStar Washington Hospital Center are as diverse as the communities we serve. We're always looking for experienced and dedicated professionals who want to be part of our fast-paced environment who thrive on challenge and are looking for the opportunity to be a part of something big. The Hospital Center supports your educational goals by offering one of the area's best tuition assistance programs. As a Top 100 Solucient Teaching Hospital, you will always have the opportunity to learn and grow in your profession or take your career in a different direction within the hospital setting.
No matter what your area of specialization, you'll have the support of hard-working and dedicated team members like our Hospital Center SuperStars who work together to achieve ideal patient outcomes. Challenging opportunities are available in many departments, including Pharmacy, Laboratory, Cardiac Services, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Respiratory and Nursing. In addition, we're always looking for qualified Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who want the chance to practice within a highly-esteemed and respected health care institution.