|Business Travel Sales Manager
|Inspired by the luxury of first-class travel and uncompromisingly designed around guests, YOTEL takes the essential elements of luxury hotels into smart spaces and deliver extraordinary value with areas for co-working, social gatherings and exercise in sought after locations. YOTEL's feature their signature adjustable SmartBed* , rejuvenating rain showers with high spec amenities, SMART TVs, multi power and USB points and easy connectivity to free WiFi.
Under the YOTEL umbrella are three brands, YOTELAIR for short stays from 4 to 24hrs and based in transport hubs, YOTEL for urban city stays for just a few nights and YOTELPAD, the recently launched long stay brand.
We appeal to those who find traditional hotels uninspiring, searching for a different experience and not just a great sleep. We deliver that experience to Generation YO through awesome people, smart design and the creative use of technology. We provide unique spaces, each with their own personality, connected by a sense of community, all delivered with a touch of fun and tons of passion. We are inclusive, we are confident and innovative, we are YOTEL!
|YOTEL Washington DC
|BT Sales - DC
YOTEL DC is hiring a Business Travel Sales Manager to join our team. This person is sociable and confident with our crew and our guests and likes to be busy, always looking for the next task or goal to achieve. The Business Travel Sales Manager will be responsible for the development and growth of the business and FIT transient segments that will enable the hotel to meet and/or exceed revenue and occupancy goals. They will also hold the responsibility for developing existing accounts and soliciting new business by conducting cold calls, making presentations to travel booking centers, and developing a relationship with targeted companies to increase room night growth.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop new accounts and ensure proper solicitation of all business transient and FIT markets
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships with key and target accounts
- Solicit local business by researching accommodation needs and expanding the transient account base
- Maintain awareness of market situation and its impact on the hotel and anticipate business needs with flexible planning
- Work in tandem with DCCTB and Two Roads Sales Offices to coordinate and execute client familiarization trips
- Effectively maintain, monitor, and evaluate monthly productivity of existing accounts to ensure maximum potential is achieved
- Plan and participate in Sales trips and industry related meetings and trade shows as appropriate to the business transient and FIT markets
- Create and execute plans and actions for the assigned market segment
- Achieve solicitation quotas and room night production goals
- Review individual goals on a quarterly basis and recommend and take appropriate actions to achieve objectives in key result areas
- Prepare and present effective proposals
- Maintain reports and well-organized documentation and maintain current account information in sales files and in Delphi (or ACT)
- Coordinate customer service requirements with hotel operations staff as appropriate. Function as effective liaison between clients and Hotel personnel and communicate clients' requests to all departments in an effective and timely manner
- Attend and participate in all departmental and general meetings as required.
- Perform any other related duties as requested by Director of Sales & Marketing as well as Regional Account Manager
Technical Skills and Requirements:
- Must possess strong selling, communication, negotiation, and prospecting skills as well as being highly organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up and ability to think strategically
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical and managerial applications of PMS, Delphi and appropriate PC applications
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of hotel sales management experience required
- College Degree or equivalent required
- Preferred experience in hotel business transient sales or related industry
- Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts
- Excellent working knowledge of all operating processes
- Able to create, implement and analyze manual and automated reports
- Operational knowledge of reservations sales process
- Operational knowledge of national sales process
- Familiar with legal and contractual agreements
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and HTML
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.