Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM's vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM's platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company's advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you'll make an impact:
Responsible for monitoring the quality of our service, managing the routing and scheduling of audio/video content for SIRIUS XM Satellite Radio's channels, with a focus on play by play broadcasts.
What you'll do:
- Scheduling play by play events in traffic and automation systems
- Interface with third party networks regarding play by play broadcasts
- Interface with other departments such as Programming and Broadcast Engineering and BNOC in NY
- Real time control of systems producing content for the broadcast channels (satellite and web), including digital audio workstations, automation systems and digital audio routing systems.
- Respond to technical alarms from the various systems in the BOC in real time as well as addressing the needs of channel programmers. (talent and producers)
- Real time understanding and control of program distribution methods (ISDN, IP, Satellite).
- Producing and loading reports from scheduling software to on-air affecting applications (PDT generating DSCs for example)
- Interface with onsite Programming Sports Board Operators (providing informational packets, checking in and out of broadcasts).
- Interface with Enterprise Control Center Shift Supervisors and Broadcast Maintenance technical staff
- Submit Service Now tickets to ECC Shift Supervisors for resolution
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 5 or more years' experience in broadcast operations
- Familiarity with digital audio editing, quality control, broadcast automation and digital routing
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience with broadcast automation or/and broadcast Master control applications
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.R-2022-06-92