Strittmatter is an established, growing site development/excavation company focused on both commercial and multi-residential projects. The Company has openings for Road Mechanics servicing heavy equipment and dump trucks. Work is performed on large-scale civil construction project sites where productivity is highly dependent upon equipment and vehicle availability. The position works out of Brandywine, MD in a full-service mechanic truck provided by Strittmatter.
As one of the larger excavating companies in the D. C. Metropolitan area, Strittmatter is seeking an experienced diesel mechanic(s) with tools to work the year-round position. The duties include maintenance and repair of jobsite equipment such as semi-tractors, pickup trucks, wheel loaders, excavators, loaders, heavy tracked dozers, air compressors, and other support equipment. Other activities include insuring vehicle and equipment productivity remains high on the project job site,
The mechanic's primary focus is preventative and proactive maintenance including a thorough inspection of vehicles and equipment to keep the machinery workings as efficiently as possible, while stressing and adhering to a high level of safety on every jobsite and on every task. This position will also require a willingness to work under various site conditions and a readiness to travel to different project sites within the Metropolitan D.C. area.
Qualified candidates must have:
1. A minimum of three years' experience on the repair and maintenance of light and heavy mobile gasoline and diesel fueled equipment (trucks, construction equipment, etc.) including mechanical and hydraulic systems and components and electrical troubleshooting.
2. A good driving record (No recent DUI/DWI and/or aggressive driving conviction)
3. Knowledge of the DC Metro area
4. High school graduation or (GED) equivalent, including the ability to read, write, and speak English
5. A CDL is a plus
1. Weekly pay with option for direct deposit
2. Paid vacation
3. Paid holidays
4. Company-subsidized medical and dental insurance
5. 401(k) plan with company-match
If you would like to apply or have questions about the position please call 703-335-2255 and ask for Human Resources.