Our Seattle Research & Development team is looking for a Technical Services Technician. The
selected candidate will oversee the regulatory and technical aspect of the team, Technical Services
is an integral part of Flying Food Group's R&D team. Developing food label, completing technical
specifications, and understanding of FDA/USDA labeling regulations are the roles of Technical
Services in FFG's R&D team. Technical Services Technician will support above roles for FFG's
* Create and maintain all costumer required technical forms.
* Communicate effectively and efficiently with customers on their technical subjects
(nutrition, ingredients, allergens, and components).
* Analyze nutrition of finished products and R&D iterations.
* Create finished product label and manage the proofing of said labels to ensure label
compliance to the law.
* Manages the ingredient information (specs, allergens) for the kitchens.
* Collect ingredient and vendor files for R&D requirements.
* Reviews ingredients for costumer's requirements.
* Approves ingredient substitutions.
* Works closely with Culinary and the wider R&D team on projects including participating
in team meetings.
* Partners with the Food Safety Team on food safety and allergen law compliance.
Skills and Qualifications
* BS in Food Science or Food Nutrition.
* Familiarity with Food Product Development processes.
* Basic knowledge of Food Safety, Food Regulatory, and Food Labeling.
* Strong computer software proficiency; Microsoft Excel, ESHA Genesis Software, and
* Excellent communication skills. Experience with communication with vendors and/or
costumers; ability to clearly request specific information.
* Excellent organization skills: ability to multi-task and work according to a timeline.
* Detail oriented, self-driven team-player that works in a collaborative and flexible manner.
* Technical experience in accounting standards, procedures, and policies
* Treasury knowledge
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to sit and stand for long periods of time; and reach with hands and
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Hours of work are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.