Grainger is North America's leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers' operations running and their people safe.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
You will oversee the daily operations in a functional area and lead a team (20-25) for our Outbound team; working Monday through Friday.You will report to and support the Process Managerto ensure accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the optimization of resources and processes. You will analyze and determine a solution related to distribution, quality, cycle time and important metrics and team member safety, compliance with procedures and workflow improvements. You will affect team member performance by promoting a workplace where team members are engaged and committed to the success of the Company.You Will:
- Work in a multi-shift operation with extended hours of operation. 85% time on warehouse environment which may include in the actual flow when needed, 15% office, training, customer contact.
- Manage daily scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities.
- Provide coaching, feedback, and development to team members ensuring everyone is treated fairly and with respect. This includes performance evaluations, recognition and disciplinary action.
- Provide a positive and engaging working environment focusing on the DC metrics including housekeeping standards are developed into daily processes.
- Identify important variables that influence the workflow process and implement department changes enhancing workflow optimization to meet customer requirements which include deadlines and quality standards
- Develop performance measurements and internal auditing processes to evaluate operations efficiency and quality.
- Ensure compliance with Company, OSHA, DOT, EPA regulations with emphasis on HazMat, and PIE requirements. Certify the handling/shipping of hazardous materials comply with government regulations and Grainger policies.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 2+ years previous leadership or supervisor experience in high-volume, multi-shift, order fulfillment distribution center
- Lift 60+ lbs. may be needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, SAP and warehouse management systems.
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.