The candidate will be required to provide a high level of technical support/guidance on Juniper routing/switching platforms to the top Juniper Networks customers This role is critical in helping the strategic customers realize the full benefit of Juniper product set. The understanding of the Knowledge Management processes and the use of the existing Knowledge Sharing applications to contribute to the collation, dissemination and the enhancement of the collective knowledge, Customer loyalty and best practices sharing and reuse are key requirements for this role.
* Become the technical lead and handle high priority issues for small subset of top Juniper Networks customers on specific Juniper Networks products(s) (M-Series, T-Series, MX-Series routers, and EX-Series of Ethernet Switches)
* Take ownership of high priority or sensitive customer issues and ensure prompt network services restoration and issue resolution to the customer's satisfaction, by using a systematic problem solving approach
* Work closely with various technical teams to ensure knowledge transfer of the customer's networks, issues, teams, and solutions. Keep management informed of all sensitive issues.
* Work with various technical teams within Juniper Networks and provide input on new products and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability
* Work closely with the Service Managers to support them in gaining a good understanding of the technical issues and their resolution, and support them in driving high profile technical escalations
* Participate in customer conference calls and/or face to face customer meetings to discuss technical issues
* Develop and maintain skills in his/her core products and technologies, and highlight any need for training as the customers networks evolve
* Contribute to technical documentation (White Papers, KB, Troubleshooting Guides, ) for internal and external use
* Sound documentation of technical support issues using the available tools is an essential element of the role
* Develop a "Can-Do" attitude and suggest ways to improve the team performance and increase customer's satisfaction
* Higher education (Bachelor or Master degree in electrical engineering or computer science or equivalent )
* Strong operating and troubleshooting knowledge across the following routing and switching technologies: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS (L2 & L3 VPN), Multicast protocols (IGMP, PIM), Switching technologies (VLAN/Trunking)
* Extensive and deep knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4 (TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking, QoS, Spanning Tree (STP,RSTP), RIP, VRRP, IGMP)
* Working experience with traffic generators and network protocols analysis tools
* Working experience with: Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS, Scripting languages (Slax, Python)
* Practical knowledge of L1/L2 technologies: Ethernet, SONET/SDH, ATM, Frame Relay
* Strong problem solving skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios
* Strong customer management and customer service skills.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* In addition, knowledge of the following would be an advantage: Network management skills SNMP, XML, LDAP, COPS; Unix administrator skills; QOS, NAT, Firewall, MPLS MPLS/VPNs, IPSec, Stateful Packet Inspection, Common methods of attacks (DoS, portscan, Worms and Trojans, spoofing), Secure Management (SSL, SSH)