SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Washington, DC/Remote
Our System Development and Program Management team has an exciting opportunity for an intern to serve as a Technical Program Manager to provide a broad mix of technical program management and user level product testing support to program leadership on large integrated projects associated with the digital audio radio. You will have the opportunity to work on large integrated projects involving internal and external stakeholders in support of key, emerging product offerings. The work requires a mix of technical knowledge, the ability to manage multiple tasks, develop high level systems design, directly support trials with integration testing, maintain an integrated plan, and coordinate and follow up on action items in support of SiriusXM initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help as needed to take SiriusXM systems through the lifecycle from inception to production and transition to ongoing, high quality, operations support.
- Develop documentation including business requirements traceability documents, test plans etc.
- Work closely with business owners on the development and test of application software, server-based systems, and hardware used in the Sirius XM target systems.
- Assist with cross functional test coordination - UAT, Operations Trial, and others
- Participate in end-to-end testing for new product validation of system implementation against business level requirements. This includes participation in test planning, test case documentation, reporting, and defect tracking at a system level with a potential for test execution as well.
- Assist lead Program Managers on building and periodically updating program plans and actions.
- Key resource for:
- Tracking of processes and reporting to leadership on large, cross functional. integrated initiatives
- Coordination with program management on problem resolution and system level defect tracking
- The candidate should be pursuing a degree in electrical engineering, information systems, computer science, computer engineering, or related technical discipline.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
- Must be willing to take initiative and follow through to completion.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Dedication to on-time delivery, thorough testing, and creating high quality products.
- Good knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio) or equivalent
- Ability to collaborate with technical team members in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- Knowledge of IT hardware architecture components including servers, networking components, architectures, and related techniques is desired
- Knowledge of Linux. Shell scripting and Perl programming is desired.
- Experience with test management and reporting tools is a plus
More details about our company benefits can be found!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.