|Hotel Group Reservations Manager
|Inspired by the luxury of first-class travel and uncompromisingly designed around guests, YOTEL takes the essential elements of luxury hotels into smart spaces and deliver extraordinary value with areas for co-working, social gatherings and exercise in sought after locations. YOTEL's feature their signature adjustable SmartBed* , rejuvenating rain showers with high spec amenities, SMART TVs, multi power and USB points and easy connectivity to free WiFi.
Under the YOTEL umbrella are three brands, YOTELAIR for short stays from 4 to 24hrs and based in transport hubs, YOTEL for urban city stays for just a few nights and YOTELPAD, the recently launched long stay brand.
We appeal to those who find traditional hotels uninspiring, searching for a different experience and not just a great sleep. We deliver that experience to Generation YO through awesome people, smart design and the creative use of technology. We provide unique spaces, each with their own personality, connected by a sense of community, all delivered with a touch of fun and tons of passion. We are inclusive, we are confident and innovative, we are YOTEL!
|YOTEL Washington DC
The Hotel Group Reservations Manager is the main point of contact for all group reservations at YOTEL Washington DC. This role will assist with setting the house up on a daily basis to ensure that the operation is effecient and that guest's needs and requests are fulfilled.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Field incoming calls in a professional, friendly and efficient manner within brand standards.
- Respond to all emails within reservation in-boxes, customer service emails, and incoming faxes within the appropriate length of time (within 24hrs).
- Engage with guests via the following channels, including but not limited to; email, phone, fax and in-person.
- Provide engagement and assistance with items such as rate and cabin inquiries, cancellations, property and area related questions, guest issues and feedback.
- Investigate billing disputes and completes necessary paperwork for refunds, when applicable.
- Take ownership of all guest requests and follow up with appropriate departments to ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular reservations call center audits.
- Manage the relationship with the reservations call center.
- Review monthly reservations call center activity report and send recap to leadership.
- Scrub and check third-party extranets and our booking channels for any discrepancies i.e. cancellations and/or missing reservations.
- Process/Setup credit card authorization forms and 3rd Party billing requests.
- Upsell cabin categories to maximize hotel revenue.
- Proactively manage guests' pre-arrival experience including utilization of the brand voice, revenue maximization, and enhancement of guest experience.
- Daily review of arrivals ensuring all special requests are met and specialty rooms, bed size and views are blocked for all group blocks.
- Support all other departments in guest service-related inquiries and/ or disputes.
- Assist the Director of Revenue and Sales with any tasks.
- Assist in Room Reservations when needed.
- Assist work at Front Desk when needed including acting as Manager On Duty.
- Manage special projects and additional tasks as needed.
- Entering group rooming lists.
- Managing communication with group contacts regarding rooming lists, rooming requests, and billing information.
- Reviewing group contracts to ensure reservations are set-up per contract.
- Entering group billing or requests into each reservation per contract.
- Working with sales managers and conference service managers with group room blocks to ensure everything is in the system correctly.
- Communicating with clients on property regarding cancellations, no-shows, or walk situations.
- Reviewing group arrivals and balancing the house via group rooms.
- Assist accounting with group billing questions.
- Communicates effectively and genuinely with guests, team members and other departments.
- Maintains a friendly and caring demeanor at all times in a fastpaced environment.
- Shows initiative and anticipates needs in job performance.
- Demonstrates team work; is dependable and productive.
- Able to find guest centric solutions.
- Excellent presentation, communication, organization and computer skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, HTML and Photoshop.
- Basic mathematical and calculator skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, in order to solicit business, meet clients needs and resolve complaints.
- College Degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of hotel or sales experience preferred.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.