- Executes and expands assigned customer account plan(s) which is developed in conjunction with management.
Executes on billing margin initiatives through value added services, marketing programs, and supplier engagement.
Prospects potential customers, including cold calling and developing leads through referral channels.
Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
Utilizes sales management tools for sales planning, supplier planning and documenting opportunities.
Develops and grows product knowledge through WESCO and supplier training.
Develops strong relationships with suppliers, including performing regular joint sales calls.
Provides quotations directly or in conjunction with sales support team.
- Prior sales experience required, outside sales preferred
- Two years of industry experience preferred
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Ability to travel to current and potential clients and suppliers.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques (Preferred).
- Outside Sales - Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Employee required to sit and drive a vehicle to perform their job..
- Employee required to organize and coordinate schedules.
- Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Employee required to problem-solve.
- Employee required to communicate with the public.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination