Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM's vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM's platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company's advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you'll make an impact:
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for the daily show preparation of an assigned talk show or shows. The Part Time Associate Producer will meet with the executive producers on a regular basis and will report to the executive producers. This person will also meet with his assigned host(s) each day to discuss topics and plan segments for the show. The Part Time Associate Producer will manage the flow of the show as well as screen callers for the program. Responsible for the background material and execution of the show while live on the air, the Part Time Associate Producer will also oversee the imaging and sound of the show.
What you'll do:
- Assists in the development of content for shows.
- Collaborates in the production of programs, promos and specials.
- Identifies and submits show ideas and topics.
- Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for hosts.
- Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
- Attends creative meetings, and contributes to the selection of program content.
- Makes recommendations to Producers and management on program improvements.
- Works with programming team to identify and select celebrity, expert and lifestyle guests.
- Arranges guest bookings.
- Researches guest backgrounds, develops interview questions and assists with pre-interviews.
- Obtains audio materials needed for production.
- Assists with scheduling program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
- May independently produce segments of large programs.
- Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
- Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Dubs sound from a variety of sources (e.g., CD, DAT, LP, VHS, etc.).
- Enters clip information, music and non-music elements into audio software.
- Loads and deletes clips, and rips and edits promos and spots.
- Monitors and posts on social media accounts associated with the channel.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Ensures that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows.
- Works with talent and producers on following programming clocks so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
- Reviews work products with supervisor.
- Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Edits audio (e.g., inserts additional clips, sound bites, etc.).
- Maintains database of program content for archival use.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains working relationships with major publicists, political figures, entertainment companies, and industry contacts who will be active in pursuing placement of guests on SiriusXM's programs and provide show content.
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- May lead the work of production assistants, board operators and interns.
- Coordinates special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience at a radio station or audio production facility.
- Must have working knowledge of MLB
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to assigned channels / programs.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Office, Prophet, SAW, SoundForge, Music Master, Pro Tools, Cool Edit and Adobe Audition.
- Social media skills, including, but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.