Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora,Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM ConnectedVehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world.Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM's vision to life every day.
The Infrastructure SOC Technician is responsible for monitoring, triage, incident management and technical support of the SiriusXM Broadcast Operations infrastructure in a 7x24x365 multi-shift environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring, ticketing and escalations of: Virtual servers, databases, physical servers, network storage systems and network devices.
- Responsible for monitoring, ticketing and escalations of IP Streaming Systems
- Responsible for monitoring and incident management to include detection, impact assessment, isolation, remediation, and resolution of all Broadcast network issues
- Responsible for monitoring, triage, and incident management of 3rd party vendor services including carrier circuits, to include support for incoming calls, troubleshooting, coordination with vendors, incident tracking, and tracking of maintenance activity.
- Supports incoming trouble reports via phone, open trouble tickets, and respond to questions about availability and operational status of services
- Provide first level troubleshooting and remediation as prescribed in the policies and procedures related to:
- Operations and availability of hardware infrastructure
- Circuit, Networking, and IP issues
- Operations and availability of applications
- Software deployments
- Streaming Service/Feature status and availability
- Associate Degree, Technical School or military training in computer systems management and monitoring or related area of equivalent experience.
- 4 years of experience working in a 24x7x365 multi-shift environment where the main focus is monitoring and incident management.
- Practical hands-on experience with trouble ticket systems, network monitoring tools, and familiarity with incident management processes.
- Working understanding of IP networking, switching, IP routing, fault isolation and network operations.
- Candidates must be able to distinguish between red, green and yellow colors in order to interpret alarm priorities and be able to distinguish issues with audio streams
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where focus and attention to detail is required
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Commitment to "internal clients" and customer service principles
- Willingness to take initiative and ability to follow through on projects
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule that could include any shift, including weekends, holidays, and overnight shifts
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As required by ITAR, to perform this position you must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
More details about our company benefits can be found !R-2021-12-11