Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM's vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM's platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company's advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you'll make an impact:
You will work with members of the Sports Programming Department to create superior radio programs, primarily for SiriusXM NASCAR Radio (Ch. 90). Candidate will book guests, format shows, oversee social media, create promos, and produce imaging (bumps, rejoins, opens, promos, etc.) for the program on which he/she is working. In addition, some candidates may run the board in-studio or remotely for live talk shows and races. They may also be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
What you'll do:
Candidate will be deeply ensconced in the fast-paced world of NASCAR, working closely with highly-visible national radio and TV talent, as well as top-tier NASCAR drivers!
- Assists in the development of content for shows.
- Collaborates in the production of programs, promos and specials.
- Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for hosts.
- Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
- Attends creative meetings - sometimes on Zoom - and contributes to the selection of program content.
- Makes recommendations to producers and management on program improvements.
- Obtains audio materials needed for production.
- Assists with scheduling program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
- May independently produce segments of large programs.
- Reviews program log before every show and is capable of editing program log.
- Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
- Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Dubs sound from a variety of sources (e.g., Internet, CD, DAT, LP, VHS, etc.).
- Enters clip information, music and non-music elements into audio software.
- Loads and deletes clips, and rips and edits promos and spots.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Ensures that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows.
- Works with talent and producers on following programming clocks so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
- Is responsible for the quality of any replays of the show(s) he/she is a part of.
- Is responsible for producing and editing audio clips to be posted to social media platforms.
- Reviews work products with supervisor.
- Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Edits audio (e.g., inserts additional clips, sound bites, etc.).
- Maintains database of program content for archival use.
- Assist with uploading to "On Demand".
- Assist with creation of show promos.
- May be required to fill in for producers.
- Coordinates special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you'll need:
- At least 2 years of experience at a radio station producing talk programming.
- *Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Strong interest in NASCAR.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Office, Dalet, Dalet Plus, Cool Edit and Adobe Audition.
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
- Operating an audio board.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficiency with Photoshop preferred.
- Proficiency with BroadView preferred.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.R-2022-05-141