****Candidates with disabilities or Rehab referrals only****
The Janitor cleans and keeps in an orderly condition factory working areas and washrooms or premises of an office, apartment house, or commercial or other establishments. Duties involve a combination of the following: sweeping, mopping or scrubbing, and polishing floors; removing chips, trash, and other refuse; dusting equipment furniture or fixtures; polishing metal fixtures or trimmings; providing supplies and minor maintenance services; and cleaning lavatories, showers, and restrooms.
- Cleans and keeps in an orderly condition working areas and washrooms of an office or commercial or other establishments.
- Sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors using brooms, mops, and powered scrubbing and waxing machines,
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies using a vacuum cleaner.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Polishes metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash, waste, and other refuse to disposal areas.
- Cleans restrooms' fixtures, floors, and walls and replenishes supplies.
- Responsible for working with a positive team spirit and producing quality work.
- Responsible for appropriate conduct and demeanor as dictated by Didlake Policy.
- Follows safety standards and guidelines in the proper use of the equipment and other activities.
- Completes and maintains all Didlake required training.
Didlake, Inc. is a non-profit rehabilitation services organization. At Didlake, creating opportunities that enrich the lives of people with disabilities is our mission. Since 1965, Didlake has served thousands of people with significant disabilities by providing training, job placement, employment opportunities and day support services. We provide rewarding and purposeful work.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is a drug free workplace. EOE, including disability/vets