Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM's vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM's platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company's advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you'll make an impact:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to help lead the direction of the future of SiriusXM in smart home devices, televisions, and other consumer electronics. You will be an excellent fit if you're passionate about working on complex integrations with consumer electronic devices. Senior Product Designers at SiriusXM are experienced in interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and user testing. You'll be part of an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You'll build our product by solving complex challenges in simple, elegant ways.
What you'll do:
- Work with members of Design and Product Leadership to understand strategy and shape our CE integrations across the board.
- Tackle complex projects, collaborating with User Research, Product Management, Engineering and Business partners to understand our listeners and collect data needed to make design decisions.
- Deliver high-quality, on-time designs that take into account cross-functional requirements.
- Present work to Senior Leadership in Product, Engineering, and Marketing, and clearly communicate design rationale, process and decisions while collecting feedback.
- Actively contribute new processes and ways of thinking to an evolving, multi-disciplinary design team.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated contribution to multiple shipped products, and experience with a variety of project types from visioning and concepting to design and development.
- BA in UX Design or related field preferred.
- Experience partnering with UX research to administer tests of your work using platforms such as Userzoom or Usertesting.com.
- Experience with designing for connected devices.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Abstract, Zeplin, or other relevant design tools.
- Experience with collaboration tools like Slack and FigJam.
- Knowledgeable in G Suite and Google Docs
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
At SiriusXM, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the base salary for this position to be in the range of $94,700 to $155,000 and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.R-2022-09-59