The Floor Equipment Operator is responsible for the efficient and safe operation of all floor equipment used to perform the maintenance of floors. The person in this position must also perform preventive maintenance on all equipment as outlined in the equipment technical manual and company's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Cleans hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevator banks, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas.
- Cleans floors using brooms, mops, powered scrubbing, floor finishing applicator, and floor burnishing machines.
- Polishes metal work such as fixtures and fittings.
- Washes windows, door panels and sills,
- Empties wastebaskets and cleans ashtrays.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Responsible for working with a positive team spirit and producing quality work.
- Responsible for appropriate conduct and demeanor as dictated by Didlake Policy.
- Responsible for following safety standards and guidelines in the proper use of equipment and other activities.
- Sets an example through dependability, hard work, strong business ethics and personal appearance
- Requests supplies and equipment from Supervisor.
- May be required to train other employees on how to properly use, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Fills in for janitor as needed.
- Completes and maintains all Didlake required trainings.
- Completes required paperwork and/or documentation.
Didlake, Inc. is a non-profit rehabilitation services organization. At Didlake, creating opportunities that enrich the lives of people with disabilities is our mission. Since 1965, Didlake has served thousands of people with significant disabilities by providing training, job placement, employment opportunities and day support services. We provide rewarding and purposeful work.